Apartment complex evacuated due to microwaved hot pepper

screenshot

A HAZMAT team evacuated a Rochester, New York high-rise apartment building yesterday after residents complained of burning sensations in their eyes and once the fire department investigated. They found a 55-gallon sealed drum in one of the apartments. Turns out, it contained donated clothes packed for Africa. The cause of the tennants’ breathing difficulties and watery eyes was actually a hot pepper microwaved by one of the building’s residents.

“I do not know what kind of pepper it was, but clearly spicy enough to affect the people in the hallway,” said fire department lieutenant Dana Cieslinski.

(WHAM)

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s